Mother, Son Die After Eating Poisoned Food

Mother, Son Die After Eating Poisoned Food

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

By Andrew Irumba

Buyende: The police  in  Buyende district are investigating circumstances under which a mother and her son died after eating food suspected to have been poisoned, while her husband is hospitalized.

Aidah Nakisige, 30, and her 8 months old baby Benefansio Ngobi, died of suspected food poisoning.   The deceased both residents of Kasozi village in Buyende district died on Sunday on their way to Kamuli General Hospital. Their  death was discovered by neighbours who  knocked on Nakisige’s door in morning and on realising that there was no response, they informed the area chairperson who also alerted the police. The police later broke the door and found Nakisge, her husband and child struggling for their lives while lying on the floor.

Nakisige’s husband, John Baligeya, who is being treated at Kamuli Hospital says that they ate supper together but started experiencing stomach pains at around 4:00 am. “We had supper as a family and all was well, but at around 4:00Am, my wife and I started experiencing stomach aches and vomiting. That is all I remember until police came to our rescue,” he said.   Matiya Mwase, the village vice chairperson said that late Nakisige bought cooked food which she served to her family on the fateful night.  “I received information that Nakisige bought this suspected poisoned food from Butaswa trading centre which she served to her family members. I, however, cannot confirm this information but, I’m waiting on police to release its’ conclusive report on the matter,” he said. Michael Kasadha, the Busoga North Police Spokesperson said that the bodies were taken to Kamuli general hospital mortuary for postmortem as investigations continue.

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: