By Peter Ssebulime
Kisoro: The police in Kisoro district are investigating circumstances under which a primary school teacher died after allegedly falling in a huge saucepan of boiling milk.
Spy Uganda has learnt that Edison Bwiringiro, who was a teacher at Katojo Modern Primary School, died over the weekend after getting severely scalded by the boiling milk, although it is not yet clear how he ended up falling in the saucepan.
However, it is said that he fell in a saucepan boiling milk while in Katojo trading centre on Friday night at around 11:30 Pm when he had gone to check on a neighbour after his social evening.
Following his strange death, a General Enquiry file number G.E.F SD11/20/10/19 has since been opened up at Kisoro police station to investigate Bwiringiro’s demise.
The police established that the deceased originates from Kibumba cell, Kibumba parish, Murora Sub-county, Kisoro district.
Following the incident, he was rushed to Kisoro Hospital for treatment but unfortunately, he died a few hours later.
Later after a postmortem being carried out, his corpse was handed to relatives for burial as investigations into the matter continue, to establish what exactly made him fall in a saucepan of boiling milk.