After 18 Years Of Childlessness, Woman Dies After Giving Birth To Twins

After 18 Years Of Childlessness, Woman Dies After Giving Birth To Twins an accessible web community

By Spy Correspondent

Nigeria: What is supposed to be a joyous moment has turned to a period of mourning for a new father and his first set of newborn twins. A Nigerian woman who was in search of a child for eighteen years died three days after she welcomed a set of twins.

Her bereaved husband, Mr. Ediri Voghor in an interview, gave background insight on how the sad news happened while wondering what would become of the set of twins his wife left behind.

‘We had our traditional wedding in 2002 and had our church wedding in 2003 at the St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Warri. From 2002, she didn’t get pregnant. During those years, we were everywhere looking for a solution. We went to different hospitals, but the doctors said nothing was wrong with us,

Over the years, the fibroid was discovered and operated surgically. During the fibroid operation, there were no complications; everything went smoothly, still no child,’ he noted, fighting back the tears.

According to him, God soon answered their prayers and they got twins.

“One day last year, she told me she was down with fever and had also missed her monthly flow; we went to the hospital for a test and it came out positive! We were very happy but we kept the news to ourselves. We didn’t want people to hear it from our mouths,

Pregnancy is not something hidden, So, we wanted people to know by seeing it. From there, we registered for antenatal at Lily Hospital. It was in that hospital that we did a scan, and the scan showed she was carrying a baby. Oh God! I was beside myself with joy! I cannot explain the feeling I had. The joy was so much that I shed tears of joy,” he exclaimed.

Mr Voghor disclosed that on June 21, 2020, when his wife’s pregnancy was nine months old, they went to the hospital for delivery. He said during the process preceding delivery, the doctor announced that due to the fibroid operation she had once had, she would not be able to deliver normally except through caesarean section.

“We went there on Sunday and by Monday, they carried out the caesarean operation to deliver the babies—a boy and a girl. I visited her she was fine and happy,” he said.

The deceased’s sister, who witnessed the last hours, related what happened thus: “In the evening, that Tuesday, around 8 p.m., she told me that she was not breathing well. Then I told her to sleep though she still felt uncomfortable, then she asked me to go and call a nurse. The nurse came and found out that her pulse was low, so she quickly injected her and she became calm.

“After a while, the doctor came; she complained to him that she was having serious pains.The doctor did some tests on her and found out that her blood percentage was low and she was given blood transfusion,

After that, the doctor said that they would have to do some scan on her to know why her blood percentage was low. They did it and found out that she had internal bleeding, she was taken back to the theater. Immediately she heard that she started shivering and looked scared,

When they brought her back,from the theater she was calm, but after about 10 minutes, she was turning her head and rubbing her chest. Before we knew what was happening, substances started coming out of her mouth hence her death” said sister. an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: