By Spy Uganda
Kampala: The government through the Ministry of Gender and social development has canceled the operating licenses of eight labour export companies including Middle East Consultants after several complaints made to the government including trafficking, torture and mistreatment among other issues that were raised by Ugandans.
Agnes Igoye, the deputy national coordinator for Prevention of Trafficking in Persons at the Ministry of Internal Affairs noted that some of these were involved in forging documents
“Some of these were engaged in forgeries and their licences were not extended. The Ministry of Gender also got complaints from several Ugandans against some of these companies. We ask Ugandans not to use them for labour export because they are no longer licenced,” Igoye said.
“If you see anybody working with these agencies pursuing you, report to us.” she added
Most of these companies export labour to Middle East countries where many, mostly girls work as maids but a big number have gone through illegal means and traded as modern slaves especially in the United Arab Emirates.
Data from the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development indicates that 12,000 Ugandans leave for the Middle East every year in search for jobs.
In the Middle East, Ugandans mostly prefer Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Qatar and here most( over 90%) work as casual laborers.
Data from Bank of Uganda also indicates that remittances by Ugandans working in Middle East countries have increased over the years.
However, of late, there have been several reports of mistreatment of Ugandans working in the Middle East.
The List-of Labour Export Companies Whose Licenses Have Been Cancelled/suspended is as follows;
1.Al-Saud Agency Limited Kibuye, Salama Road Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org (SUSPENDED
2. Middle East Consultants Limited (Plot 21/31 Tank Hill Road, Muyenga) Tel: 0701 188367, 0392 882374, 0414501177, 0701947532, 0701911233. Email: email@example.com (SUSPENDED)
3. Al-Saud Agency Limited Kibuye, Salama Road Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com (SUSPENDED)
4. The Eagles Supervision Limited, Plot 728, Mengo, P.O Box 11799, Kampala, Tel: 0393239175 (SUSPENDED)
5. Forbes Enterprises Limited, P.O Box 10924, Kiwatule, Kampala TEL: 0772486313/0772451533/0788707229/0783301789/0771888732/+97152 6651164 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (SUSPENDED)
6. Top Notch Recruitment Services (U) Limited (P.O. Box 9415, Kampala Plot 1129, Block 24, Nsibambi Road) Tel: 0781223120, 0200908802 Email: email@example.com ( LICENSE RENEWAL TERMINATED)
7. Fly International Jobs (u) Ltd, P.o.Box 9415 Namuwongo, Kampala firstname.lastname@example.org Tel; 0704088686 (LICENSE RENEWAL TERMINATED)
8. Sahara Recruitment Agency Limited P.O. Box 10111 Kampala, Rubaga Division. Tel: 0789748449, 0750194149, 0700616814 Email: email@example.com (LICENSE RENEWAL TERMINATED)