By Spy Uganda
The latest from the ministry of Education and Sports indicates that government is planning to recruit 2000 secondary school teachers come 2023.
The Ministry’s spokesperson Dr. Dennis Mugimba says candidates who successfully went through the interview process in July and received notification letters will be deployed.
He says applicants who will not be hired during the January / February window will have to wait for next recruitment.
Daily Tasks Of A Secondary School Teacher In Uganda
1. Prepare daily lessons and long-term teaching programs in accordance with the curriculum and guidelines
2. Teach using a variety of methods, including formal lessons, discussions, practical activities, experiments, projects, assignments and excursions, taking into account the differences between individual students
3. Use information technology to assist with lesson preparation, teaching and reporting
4. Set tests, exams, projects, assignments and homework; mark and correct assessments; and sort the results
5. Evaluate and report on the progress of students, and discuss individual performance and problems with students and parents
6. Establish and maintain good working habits and discipline in classrooms and throughout the school
7. Supervise extra classes when other teachers are absent
8. Supervise students in the yard during lunchtime and other breaks
9. Carry out relevant administrative duties
10. Attend staff meetings, educational conferences and other professional development activities
11. Coordinate work experience and industry-based programs
12. Participate in other activities in partnership with parents and the school community, including parent-teacher nights, school council and other committees
13. Assist with organising sporting events, camping trips and other excursions
14. Coordinate administrative support programs and the work of non-teaching staff in schools
15. Work with other staff to revise the school’s policies and curriculum implementation to reflect changing student needs and government initiatives.