Journalists Barred From Museveni’s Address Over Coronavirus

Journalists Barred From Museveni’s Address Over Coronavirus

By Our Reporter

State House has cancelled the accreditation of Journalists for the presidential address on the coronavirus scheduled for Wednesday at State House Entebbe.

According to Lindah Nabusayi a senior press secretary, the canceling is to help combat the risk of a possible spread of the virus.

Nabusayi said that the address will be limited to only members of the Presidential Press Unit (PPU) who will relay the footage to other media houses from Entebbe.

“There will be no access to any other media to State House. We were advised by the relevant health officials against the meeting,” Nabusayi said.

Usually dozens of journalists are accredited to cover State House events, but the number varies depending on the need and event at hand.

Although Uganda hasn’t registered any case of corona virus, the country is on high alert given the fact that Uganda’s neighbors Kenya and Rwanda have confirmed cases.

So far 184,000 people have tested positive for Corona virus globally while another 7000 have succumbed to the disease. Several celebrities and renown personalities like Actors Tom Hanks, Eldris Elba and Sports Men including Rudy Gobert of NBA have tested Positive.

The virus is transmitted through contact with an infected person. The WHO has since advised people to wash hand with soap or alcohol based sanitisers to prevent infection.

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: