By Spy Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) has finally come out to settle the speculations on whether the four senior commissioners really resigned or were forced to exit. Four top commissioners of the tax body, one of the most lucrative and highly paying Gov’t Agencies Friday suddenly announced they were exiting and going into public life.
TheSpy Uganda exclusively Friday night reported how Commissioners Dickson Kateshumbwa, Henry Saka, Silajji Kanyesigye Baguma and Samuel Kahima had unceremoniously quit their high paying jobs and luxurious offices, yet none of them has even reached retirement age.
However, following the publication about the shocking resignations that have since gone viral, URA headquarters based in Nakawa have since issued a statement saying they indeed received their resignation letters from the four senior commissioners.
The body also dismissed ‘speculations’ that the senior commissioners resigned because of the firing of former darling CG Doris Akol.
The URA statement reads thus;
“The Authority would like to inform the public that on 28th May, 2020 the URA Board of Directors sat and made recommendations concerning the re-organization and Management of URA.
On the 29th May, 2020, the following Senior Officials chose to resign and the Board has accepted their resignations. The said staff are Mr Dickson Kateshumbwa, Mr Henry Saka, Mr Silajji Kanyesigye Baguma and Mr Samuel Kahima.
Following the above developments and in line with the URA Leadership Rotational Framework, the composition of the Heads of Department and the Large Taxpayers Office will be as follows with immediate effect;
- Mr Mukiibi Patrick has been transferred from the position of Commissioner Corporate Services to the position of Commissioner Domestic Taxes.
- Mrs Patience T. Rubagumya remains Commissioner Legal Services and Board Affairs.
- Mr Herbert Rusoke remains Commissioner Internal Audit and Compliance
- Mr Abel Kagumire remains Acting Commissioner Customs
- Mr Mather Mugabi has been appointed as Acting Commissioner Tax Investigations
- Mr James Kizza has been appointed as Acting Commissioner Corporate Services
- Mr John Tinka Katungwesi will be Acting Assistant Commissioner Large Taxpayers Office.
Other Senior Management positions are not affected by these changes.
Management wishes to reiterate that the Integrity, Patriotism and Professionalism will define the new era at URA.”