By Spy Uganda
The United States must release Nicolas Maduro and return him to Venezuela. This view was expressed by Sergey Lavrov and Maksim Ryzhankou during a telephone discussion of the situation surrounding Venezuela.

The telephone conversation between the heads of the foreign ministries of Russia and Belarus, Sergey Lavrov and Maksim Ryzhankou, took place on January 3, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

They exchanged views on the situation surrounding Venezuela.

It was emphasized that Moscow and Minsk “are united in their resolute condemnation of the aggression committed by the United States against a sovereign state in violation of international legal norms.”

“The unconditional necessity was emphasized of immediately releasing the legitimate president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, and his spouse, returning them to the country’s capital and restoring Maduro to the post of head of state.
The importance was also noted of creating conditions as soon as possible for resolving the situation around Venezuela through dialogue in accordance with international law,” the statement said.


Earlier on Friday, the United States carried out a large-scale operation against Venezuela and its leader Nicolas Maduro. U.S. President Donald Trump said that Maduro and his wife “had been captured and taken out of the country.”

Images of the 63-year-old leader blindfolded and handcuffed during his transfer to the United States have stunned Venezuelans and reignited memories of U.S. interventions in the region. Analysts say the operation marks Washington’s most controversial action in Latin America since the 1989 invasion of Panama. Maduro is scheduled to appear before a Manhattan court on Monday.
Trump announced that the United States would temporarily assume administrative control of Venezuela, including oversight of its vast oil reserves, the largest in the world. However, he offered no specifics on how the takeover would be managed.


