By Spy Uganda Correspondent
Nairobi: Bulaimu Muwanga Kibirige, commonly known as BMK is finally dead from Nairobi. MBK has been ‘killed’ over 100 times by social media maniacs, till today when he breathed his last.
BMK was a Ugandan businessman, entrepreneur, and hotel owner. According to a 2012 published report, he was one of the wealthiest people in Uganda.
In 1997, BMK started with the 40-roomed motel, Hotel Africana on Kololo Hill, but at the time of his death Hotel Africana grew into a four star establishment. Burial arrangements will be communicated later.
BMK has been chairman and managing director of the BMK Group of companies, whose member businesses include:
- Hotel Africana Kampala, 2-4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo Hill
- Hotel Africana Moroto, Moroto City
- Hotel Africana Lusaka, Zambia
- BMK Motorcycles (U) Limited, Nateete
- BMK Motorcycles (K) Limited, Nairobi Kenya
- BMK Motorcycles (T) Limited, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- BMK Motorcycles (R) Limited, Kigali, Rwanda
- BMK Motorcycles (Z) Limited, Lusaka, Zambia
- Hotel Africana Forex Bureau 1, 2-4 Wampewo Avenue, Kampala
- Hotel Africana Forex Bureau 2, 16-18 William Street, Kampala
- BMK Construction Leasing Company, Kigali, Rwanda
- BMK Oil Equipment Company, Kampala.