Stanbic Bank Uganda Cup: KCCA FC, Police FC Through To Quarterfinals

Stanbic Bank Uganda Cup: KCCA FC, Police FC Through To Quarterfinals

By Denis Turyahebwa
Kampala: Both KCCA FC and Police FC Qualified for the Stanbic bank Uganda Cup after overcoming opponents in their encounters on Wednesday.
 KCCA beat  Maroons 3-0 at the MTN Omondi Stadium, Lugogo, and progressed on a 5-0 aggregated following the 2-0 in the first leg at the prisons Grounds in Luzira last week.

Striker Sadat Anaku, Steven Sserwadda, and Juma Balinya scored for the Kasasiro boys to hand Morley Byekwaso’s side a qualification to the last eight.

KCCA just needed seven minutes to break the deadlock when Anaku slotted home after making way past Maroons’ Eric Daira. Gift Ali would have added the second in the 20th minute but his ambitious long-drive went over the bar slightly.

Hassan Musana got a chance to add the second in the 30th minute but his effort was dealt with by goalkeeper Dhaira. Peter Magambo’s header in the 31st minute went out after he rose superbly to connect with a corner kick by Sserwada.

Sserwada added the second goal in the 33rd minute when he received a good cross from Andrew Kigozi who had a clinical individual run before setting the scorer through.

Dhaira denied KCCA another chance when he saved a header from Sserwada who had received a low pass from Hassan Jurua. A combination between Kigozi and Anaku saw them open up the Maroons’ backline before placing the ball on Herbert Achai’s path who was unable to beat Dhaira.

The visitors won a penalty in the 54th minute but Derrick Mudali’s conversion hit the woodwork. Balinya, Bright Anukani and Loro Mazengo came on in the 58th minute to replace Anaku, Ali and Kigozi.

Magambo’s quick reaction in the 80th minute denied Maroons a goal before Balinya scored the third for KCCA in the 90th minute.

Meanwhile, Police FC lost 1-0 to Bright Stars but still advanced to the next round on 5-1 aggregate following their first leg big win 4-0.

Police came close to getting the opener in the 16th minute but Bright Stars’ Simon Tamale did well to deny Muwada Mawejje. Abdalla Mubiru made two changes in the 58th minute when Ben Ocen and Brian Mululi went out. Fahad Kizito and Henry Kisekka came on.

Meanwhile, BUL football club eased past Kigezi Home Boyz 2-1 in the first leg of the same league cup at Kyabazinga stadium.

Richard Wandyaka(6th) minute and Musa Esenu (22nd) minute scored for BUL while Lubowa netted for the visitors in the 24th minute from the penalty kick. an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *