By Spy Uganda
The fixtures for the Quarterfinals of the Stanbic Uganda Cup are out after the draws conducted on Tuesday 11th May 2021 at FUAF House, Mengo. The matches will be played between 25th May-2nd June 2021 over two legs.
Legends Charles Ogwang and midfielders Sharif Samanya were invited by FUFA to grace the ceremony. Both players featured in the 1996 Uganda Cup final won by UEB FC captained by Ogwang who went on to score the game’s solitary goal. Samanya played for Nile FC captained by Peter Nsaba in a match won by UEB FC 1-0 at Nakivubo stadium.
FUFA Club Licensing Manager Ivan Kintu Bayige took the media and guests through the draw procedure and details of the Quarterfinals.
Local rivals Express FC and KCCA FC will face off with the Red eagles hosting the first leg at Mutessa II stadium, Wankulukuku.
Reigning league champions Vipers SC- chasing a double will play against nine-time winners Sports Club Villa.
2019 Winners Proline FC have a fixture against the winner of the match between Kigezi Homeboyz FC and BUL FC. The 1st leg ended 2-1 in favor of BUL FC. The date for the 2nd leg is yet to be communicated.
Police FC and Wakiso Giants have to scores to settle in another competition this time in the knock-out format.
Third Round (Quarter-Finals)
- The 3rd round shall comprise 8 teams qualified from the second round.
- FUFA shall draw lots to generate ties for the third round.
- All ties in this round shall be two legs played on home and away basis.
- The team with more goals at the end of the return leg match shall be the winner of the tie.
- If teams are tied by goals at the end of the return leg match, the away goals rule shall apply.
- If teams are still tied under Art 19 (5), spot kicks shall be applied to determine the winner. There shall be no extra time.