UPL: Honeymoon Over As URA Hands KCCA’s Morley Byekwaso First Defeat

UPL: Honeymoon Over As URA Hands KCCA’s Morley Byekwaso First Defeat

By Denis Turyahebwa

URA FC overcame KCCA 2-0 in the Star-Times Uganda Premier League on Tuesday at the Arena of Visions, Luweero to hand the Kasasiro boys’ new head coach Morley Byekwaso his first defeat.

Byekwaso had won all his three games so far following his debut against BUL which he won 3-0 before beating Nyamityobora home and away in the Stanbic Bank Uganda Cup 5-2 on aggregate.

He came into the game looking for his second league win however, the tax collectors who had lost to Express FC 3-1 were looking for redemption which they managed to get.

The first half ended in a goalless stalemate with KCCA making only one serious effort on goal that fell on Julius Poloto in the 36th minute but URA Goalkeeper Nafian Alionzi saved it.

On the other side, Steven Mukwala got an opportunity to put the hosts upfront in the 8th minute but goalkeeper Charles Lukwago brilliantly denied him.

At the interval, URA made its second change bringing on Comwell Rwothomio for Dada Ibrahim in the hunt for goals. They had made the first substitution in the 28th minute replacing Ivan Sserubiri with Moses Sseruyidde.

Nine minutes into the second half, Joakiam Ojera blocked the deadlock to put the tax collectors into a 1-0 lead from a perfect delivery by a perfect substitute Rwothomio.

Shafiq Kagimu doubled URA’s lead in the 66th minute to end Byekwaso’s honeymoon. This was KCCA’s fifth win of the season in the Star Times Uganda Premier League.

Sserubiri was given the man of the match award following his phenomenal display despite coming as a substitute.

Elsewhere, Kyetume FC forced a 1-1 draw against BUL FC. Robert Mukongotya gave BUL the lead in the 72nd minute but a strike from Raymond Walugembe ensured the visitors secure a point away from home.

Meanwhile, league leaders Vipers handed Busoga United a heavy defeat to continue with their good run in the UPL. Aziz Kayondo gave the hosts the lead in the 25th minute before Junior Yunus Sentamu made it 2-0 after the restart of the second half.

In the 65th minute, Busoga’s defender handled the ball inside the danger zone and the centre referee pointed for a penalty. Sentamu stepped up and made no mistake, grabbing his second of the game and third for Vipers.

Four minutes to stoppage time,  Milton Karisa made it 4-0, a goal that marked a huge victory for the hosts.

At the green light stadium in Arua, Onduparaka came from a goal down to register a 2-1 victory against Kitara FC. Nathan Olero gave Kitara the lead in the 17th minute before Mahdi Ajobe leveled the scores six minutes later.

In the second half, Noel Nasassira scored the winning goal for the visitors to ensure Kitara go back home without a point.

And Finally, Mbarara city FC beat MYDA   2-1 at King George IV memorial stadium in Tororo.

Solomon Okwalinga gave Mbarara City the lead before Mark Bassi equalized for the hosts in the 33rd minute.

It looked as if the game was going for a draw but Raymond Onyai scored the winner at the death to deny MYDA a point.

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *