By Spy Uganda
Kampala: Police says its task team investigating a ‘self-styled anti-government rebel group’ has charged 15 suspects at the court-martial in Makindye with various counts among them including;
Treason, Concealment of Treason, Terrorism, Aggravated Robbery (4 counts), murder (4 counts) and the illegal possession of firearms leaving a balance of 18 suspects who are also being processed for court.
According to Police, suspects at diverse places in Uganda, the DRC and in Tanzania, formed a rebel group named the Uganda National Coalition for Change (UNCC), with the intention to overthrow the elected government of Uganda through the use of force of arms.
”They opened up rebel camps in Wabunyira, Kikandwa and Kabosi village from where they attacked, killed and also maimed Law Enforcement Officers,” says Police.
Officers killed included; CPL Okech Alfred, CPL Nsubuga Francis, PC Kigongo Moses, SPC Ddimba Francis, while the maimed included; Pte Okiror David and Pte Okirima Emmanuel.
Police add that suspects robbed 5 guns during the deadly attacks, out of which, 3 guns have been recovered, and two are still missing.
The 15 suspects include;
- Lugendo Stuart Savio Paul alias Kuffa Teeka is a 28-year-old businessman of Kyoga village, Namusera Parish, Wakiso district.
- Mulinda Julius alias Julio, a 32-year-old builder and resident of Bukerekere village, in Wakiso district.
- Nyanzi Mohammed Moshi Makumbi alias Engineer, a 31-year-old, resident of Kabusi village, Bukuya village, Kasanda district.
- Kizito Issa alias Commander Muto, a 22 year old,vender of Kasangombe Mpunga ward, Wakiso district.
- Agodri Godfrey alias Skywalker Ramathan, a 23-year-old bodaboda rider of Kinawa village Kisenge Parish, Kyengera TC, Wakiso district.
- Iyamulemye Paul, an 18-year-old, resident of Nakawa East, Nakawa Division, Kampala district.
- Bogere Alex, a 20-year-old, resident of Namagera village, Magogo sub-county, in Wakiso district.
- Ssenyonga Bob Robert, a 23-year-old, businessman from Kinawataka, Nakawa division Kampala district.
- Masembe John alias Nasifu, a 29-year-old, a peasant from Busimbi Railway, Mityana Municipality, Mityana district.
- Mitti Fazio, a 30-year-old, resident of Kirombe Luzira, Nakawa Division, Kampala district.
- Ssenyonjo Hakim, a 32-year-old, driver and resident of Kikajjo zone, Namasuba, Wakiso district.
- Matovu Sylevster, a 21-year-old, businessman of Kisimbiri village in Wakiso district.
- Kawuma Derrick, a 25-year-old, barber and resident of Kisimbiri village, Wakiso district.
- Ssekayombya Tony, a 24-year-old, a resident of Kyoga village, Wakiso district.
- Sengonzi Lwanga Sam, a 41-year-old, peasant of Kabusi village, Bukuya, Kassanda district.