State House: Museveni To Address Ugandans On Ebola Outbreak On Wednesday

State House: Museveni To Address Ugandans On Ebola Outbreak On Wednesday

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

By Spy Uganda

HE.Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has announced that he will address Ugandans tomorrow, Wednesday on the current outbreak of Ebola in the Country.

The above has been re-emphasized by the senior presidential press secretary, Sandor Walusimbi in a tweet stating thus; ”The president will address the nation live on all TVs and radios starting at 8 pm to update the country on issues of national importance including the Ebola outbreak.”

Uganda’s health ministry Monday reported a steady surge in Ebola Sudan cases in the past few days, bringing the total to 36 of which 23 (64%) have proved fatal.

In another worrying development, the ministry said that illnesses have been reported in two more locations, as the affected area expands. Just 4 days ago, only seven cases and one death were confirmed.

On Twitter Monday, the health ministry said 2 new cases were confirmed, putting the outbreak total at 36 cases, 18 of them confirmed and 18 listed as probable. So far, 23 patients have died, including 5 who had confirmed Ebola infections.

Thirty-five people have been admitted for medical care.

The World Health Organization (WHO) says the outbreak location poses a risk of further spread, because it is on a busy road that leads to the Democratic Republic of the Congo and because the area contains gold mines that attract people from within and outside of Uganda.

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

//graizoah.com/afu.php?zoneid=3565727
%d bloggers like this: