“I Can’t Risk Sitting With Infectious Trump’-2nd US Presidential Debate Cancelled Over Coward Biden’s Outcry

“I Can’t Risk Sitting With Infectious Trump’-2nd US Presidential Debate Cancelled Over Coward Biden’s Outcry

By Spy Uganda Correspondent

Washington: The Commission on Presidential Debates on Friday said it has cancelled next week’s showdown between Donald Trump and his challenger Joe Biden after the President said he would not participate in a virtual format.

READ ALSO: US Elections: Trump Demands Debate Schedule Changes, Biden Refuses

“Each (candidate) now has announced alternate plans for that date,” the commission said in a statement, “it is now apparent there will be no debate on October 15.”

The move leaves just one more debate on the schedule slated for October 22 in Nashville, Tennessee before the November 3 election.

READ ALSO: “I Can’t Debate With Stubborn COVID-19 Patient”- Joe Biden Snubs 2nd Debate With Trump

Debates have been a feature of every US presidential election since 1976, with three debates near the end of a campaign the standard since 2000.

The commission had announced on Thursday that it was converting the October 15 town hall debate to a virtual affair out of an abundance of caution because Trump had tested positive for the corona virus.

READ ALSO: Drama As Stubborn Trump Shuns Quarantine, Flies Back To White House For Campaigns

But the president, who has been eager to return to the campaign trail and hold live events, refused to participate in the virtual format and sought unsuccessfully to return it to an in-person debate.

Biden had said earlier this week he would not debate with Trump in person if he still had the virus, and his campaign called Trump’s refusal to adapt to a virtual format “shameful.”

“It’s shameful that Donald Trump ducked the only debate in which the voters get to ask the questions — but it’s no surprise,” Biden spokesman Andrew Bates said.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Unruly Trump Criticised For Jumping Out Of Hospital To Greet Supporters Over Election Pressure

Trump “doesn’t have the guts to answer for his record to voters at the same time as vice president Biden.”

The US president meanwhile plans to hold his first live event at the White House since being diagnosed with Covid-19.

READ ALSO: Rows Aside: Russian Putin & Korean Kim Jong-un Pen Heartfelt Messages To COVID-19 Battling Trump

All attendees will be told to wear masks they must bring, and will have to submit to a Covid-19 screening (Saturday) morning. This will consist of a temperature check and a brief questionnaire, according to a source familiar with the preparations.

To Advertise On This Website & Tap Into Millions Of Our Readers, Contact Us Via thespyugand@gmail.com or 0754137391, You won’t Regret Working With Us.

Accessdome.com: an accessible web community

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

//graizoah.com/afu.php?zoneid=3565727
%d bloggers like this: